The Fingertracking device is an add-on to the ART tracking system, which allows you to track the orientation of the hand and the position of the fingers. It is wireless, works for one as well as for both hands and is available as a three or five finger version. The Fingertracking device consists of:active hand target for affixing to the back of the hand. Synchronization is provided with a modulated flash and the low voltage power is provided with a rechargeable battery.three or five active finger markers, each consisting of an IR LED with diffusing sphere, a fixture for the finger tip and flexible wires. These active markers are time-sequentially addressed and controlled by the active hand target unit.
NEW: FINGERTRACKING2 with vibro-tactile Feedback!
In 2017 we released a new version of our Fingertracking decice: now with vibro-tactile feedback! The user is able to sense in his fingertips collisions with virtual objects! Watch our new video!
- position and orientation of the back of the hand
- number of tracked fingers as well as a distinguishing value for right and left hands,
- position and orientation of the outermost phalanx, given in the hand coordinate system - Together with a radius, the position and orientation of the finger tip can be estimated.
- angles between the single phalanxes as well as their lengths - These values are estimated using tracked markers and empirical data.
- Haptic feedback in three fingers
- Compatibility with high frame rates of ARTTRACK5
- Intensity of the vibration can be controlled
- Various sizes for finger thimbles
- Support in Siemens PS, DeltaGen, EON ICube 8, IC.IDO, IPSI Server, Virtalis, VR Concept
|Synchronization||via modulated flash from camera|
|Power supply||NB-4L, Li-Ion battery (3.7 V, 700 mAh)|
|Weight (incl. battery)||60 g|
|Frame rate (hand target)||60 Hz|
|Frame rate (thimbles, 3-finger version)||20 Hz|
|Frame rate (thimbles, 5-finger version)||12 Hz|
|Rechargeable batteries||NB-4L Li-Ion battery (3.7 V, 700 mAh)|
Battery charging duration
at least 8 hours
1only valid for new batteries
|Input||12 V, 500 mA|
|Power supply||230 V, 50 Hz, 12 W|
|Weight (incl. power supply)||381 g|